Aug 29, 2007

Ask Us Anything

If you’re looking for a good bank website, check out Irwin Union Bank’s site. While it’s visually appealing, it’s also extremely easy to navigate and has a few elements worth pointing out.

First of all, the featured message on homepage is not static – it changes when you refresh or revisit the site. But, I was impressed when I visited the site and was greeted with a photograph of Brad Kime, President of the bank, with the message “Experience Easy at IrwinUnion.com.” And, after checking out some of the site’s features, I must say I am impressed. Easy is exactly the word I would use to describe my experience in navigating the site.

I think it’s also worth pointing out the Irwin Life section of the website which discusses areas of interest that aren’t typically associated with banks. These areas include: travel, food & wine, design, entertainment, wellness, and luxury & leisure. The content in these areas is intriguing to say the least. Like, when you look at entertainment for example – there are two music album suggestions as “summer soundtracks.” This is expanded upon by offering sample tracks from the albums and the artists’ bios. It also includes links to buy the album from amazon.com, the artists’ webpages, myspace pages and youtube videos.

Irwin Life is clearly a departure from typical bank newsletters – and has certainly captured my interest, and I wouldn’t be surprised if it captures the attention of people looking for a refreshing banking experience.

And, whether you have a question about their services or why they are featuring Ray Lemontagne as a featured artist in Irwin Life, at the bottom of each screen you’re invited to “Ask Us Anything”– it’s just the icing on the cake.

No comments: